Thank you for applying for the Children’s Ministry Director position.
You may submit your resume at the end of this page.
JOB DESCRIPTION: CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
Accountable To: Lead Pastor
Accountable To the Position: All Children’s Ministry Workers/Volunteers
Category: Ministerial Staff – Part-time (minimum 20 hours a week plus Sunday)
Ultimate Responsibility: Be a “team-player” in supporting and fulfilling the mission, vision, and doctrinal statement of First Baptist Church.
General Description of Role: The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible to serve as overall administrator and coordinator of the children’s ministry – Ages 4 through 6th grade.
Preferred Requirements: High school diploma, experience working with children, born again Christian, follower of the Baptist doctrines and beliefs, desire/call to minister and love children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise, develop and organize Children’s Ministry programs. This may include Sunday School, Children’s Church, Vacation Bible School, AWANA, Mission classes, summer activities, children’s choir and other children’s programs as God guides and leads.
- Recruit, equip, and oversee Children’s Ministry workers/volunteers, ensuring that needed positions are filled and that workers/volunteers fulfill their responsibilities.
- Ensure that all children’s classrooms are properly assigned and managed, and maintain a safe and appropriate atmosphere.
- Oversee the ordering and management of Children’s Ministry curriculum and supplies. This will include Sunday School, Children’s Church, AWANA, and Mission classes.
- Ensure that all children’s workers/volunteers have been properly screened according to the screening arrangement and policies of First Baptist Church.
- Lead in the development of policies pertinent to the Children’s Ministry department.
- Serve on Children’s Committee in helping plan all policies, programs and ministries for the elementary age children of the church.
- Give guidance in planning and scheduling special opportunities with parents and workers to strengthen both the home and church.
- In consultation with the Children’s Committee, prepare an annual budget for recommendation to the Budget and Finance Committee. Oversee the annual Children’s Ministry budget, including the supervising of expenditures.
- Keep parents informed regarding ministry and activities to their children. Including keeping an updated contact list for each child and family.
- Maintain children’s activities calendar and publicize events.
- Assist the church in reaching out to and following-up with new families with children.
- Perform other duties as required.
Fulfill general ministerial staff responsibilities:
- Maintain principles of character, competence, and chemistry, including a humble servant heart, a positive “can-do” attitude, and a teachable, “team-player” spirit.
- Communicate and coordinate all ministry area related functions/activities with the master church calendar.
- Attend church meetings in which ministry area needs to be represented, including but not limited to committee meetings, business meetings and Ministerial Staff meetings (as negotiated with the Lead/Senior Pastor).
- Submit to staff review as requested by the Lead/Senior Pastor.