AWANA is a membership organization that seeks to give children sound Biblical training through scripture memorization, games and a presentation of the gospel. AWANA stands for “Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed” and is taken from 2 Timothy 2:15. AWANA Clubbers can earn patches and pins, which are worn on their uniforms, by memorizing scripture and completing sections of their handbook.
We offer the following clubs:
- Cubbies for 3 and 4 year olds (must be 3 by 9/7/17)
- Sparks for Kindergarten through 2nd graders
- T&T for 3rd through 6th graders.
What will each evening entail?
The evening is divided into three portions:
- Handbook Time: allows the children to recite verses they have learned at home to adult listeners and show other progress they have made in their handbooks.
- Game Time: offers a chance for the children to have fun, while practicing good sportsmanship and manners.
- Class Time: a large group format where the children learn from the Bible and how it can affect their own life.